The Ghost Town of Delamar "The Widowmaker"
County of Lincoln, Nevada
In 1889, prospectors John Ferguson and Joseph Sharp discovered gold and a mining camp was born called Ferguson. In April 1894, Captain Joseph Rafael De Lamar of Montana bought most of the important mines in the area and renamed the Ferguson camp as Delamar. Because of the dry-mining process and its resulting fatalities, at one time there were over 400 widows living in Delamar. The town thus earned its nickname The Widowmaker.